Monday, April 29, 2013

Stitch Fix Review #2

Hello! Today I have another Stitch Fix review for you all. Last time, I gave very specific feedback about what I liked and didn't like about each piece and I hoped for the best this time around. I was definitely happier with what I received in my box this time but had a few issues with fit.

If you are new to Stitch Fix, it's a personal styling service where you fill out a profile online giving information about your size and body type along with what category of clothing you most enjoy/dislike. You simply pay a $20 styling fee and a stylist sends you 5 items. Anything you decide to keep, the $20 fee goes toward the purchase and you simply send back everything else in a pre-paid envelope. It makes shopping easy and fun, I think plus it's a good way to add a few high quality pieces into your wardrobe.

Here is what I received this time around:

I told my stylist I loved florals, polka dots and chevron and that I didn't want any accessories this time. I also asked for items that were good for spring to transition into summer. The items in my box ranged in price from $38-$78.

1) Dylan and Rose Jakai Water Color Floral Print Dress - This is a lovely floral print with subtle peplum detail at the waist (it's hard to see in my photo). I love the print and color but I am not 100% happy with the fit. It is a tad snug in the waist and a little big under the arms. I love the style very much though!
  
2) Sweet Rain Cherry Hi-Low Racer Back Tank - The tank and print are super cute - hopefully you can tell it's covered in cherries but I am super sad because I think it's too big - you can see a glimpse of my bra and tank underneath peeking out under the arms. Otherwise, I really like this especially with some red capris! Too 4th of July, perhaps? :)
 

3) Olive and Oak Payton Sheer Plaid Tabsleeve Top - I wanted to like this one, I really did but I don't think the colors do anything for me. Something about the mint green just washes me out. My skin has a reddish undertone to it and there's just something I don't like here. The fit was okay for the most part....maybe a little too blouse-ish. :)


4) Collective Concepts Milo Pleated Detail Skirt - I adore this color! ADORE. And the skirt is flirty and fun - makes a girl want to twirl in it! :) But, it is a high-waisted skirt and I'm not sure if I like that style as much. Still thinking on this one...


5) Daniel Rainn Ashlee Floral Print Swiss Dot Blouse -  I love the fit, the color, the print...pretty much everything. It's just so feminine and lovely. And I love that I can wear it with jeans. I think it would be a good piece for spring and fall with the colors.

Here is a close-up of the details....
 

So, help a girl out! What do you like best? I only have the budget for one item so I want to choose wisely. I feel like my stylist did a great job in terms of the feedback I gave last time and for what I wanted to try on for this fix.

Note: I am not affiliated with Stitch Fix and used my own money for the styling fee and purchase. But, I do earn a credit if you sign up with my referral link

6 comments:

  1. I love it all! My favorites are the tank top, the skirt, and the gray shirt!! :) You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh - you look hot in every piece! OK maybe not the plaid. But I think you should keep the tank, I like the fit. Where a camisole under it and no worries on the bra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that should say wear, not where

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the skirt and floral gray dot shirt! You look great in everything, but if you have to pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last blouse for sure, but you look great in all of them!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs