Thursday, December 20, 2012

Elle's Studio: December Gallery

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...I am cozy and warm in my house today as the wind is howling outside and we're in blizzard conditions. The entire city is pretty much shut down for the day so I'm taking advantage of this snow day to get caught up and work on my mile-long to-do list. Today I want to share my work for the December gallery at Elle's Studio. I used the December kit from Noel Mignon to create this month - her Christmas kit is always a favorite!

I was instantly drawn to the religious tags in the "Be Merry" collection and knew that I wanted to create a layout about a new tradition we started last year - singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus. 



I inked the wooden star with gold ink and heat embossed it. 


Love that "He is the reason for the Season" tag! We definitely have a lot of fun with Christmas - crafting, baking, Santa, etc. but it is so important to us that the girls know WHY we celebrate.


And here's a page that is actually current to this year! The girls were more than excited to help decorate the tree this year and they were the official light bulb testers - hence the title!





And finally, I also created a card using the exclusive stamps. I actually stamped the sentiment in two shades of green ink and then heat embossed.



I also inked and embossed the tree with gold ink. Thanks for stopping by today! Keep warm! :)


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts and card!
    Loving the layers on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such cute, cute layouts! Love your new tradition!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs