Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Simple Stories: First Time Fishin' & Our Favorite Ride

Good morning! Today I have some Simple Stories projects to share with you! The first two are with the new "Take a Hike" collection. You would never guess it because I am such a girly girl but I absolutely LOVE to fish. My dad taught me how as a little girl and it's a pasttime that I want to pass onto my own children. The girls had fishing poles by their first birthday but we waited a little more realistically until they turned three for their first fishing experience. We had a family reunion this summer at a lodge with a pond where both girls had a chance to catch their first fish.

Web_First_Time_Fishin_SS
The triangles (which are actually punched squares cut in half) help draw the eye to the title.

First_Time_Fishin_details1
One of my daughters kept screaming "It's alive!" so I had to include that as a sub-title. :)

First_Time_Fishin_details2
While I had my supplies out, I also created a fishing themed birthday card for my dad. I love how this collection has so many activities included - fishing, camping, hiking and more!

Happy_Birthday_Fish_card
Happy_birthday_fish_details1
I have another layout to share with you today using the "Summer Fresh" collection and my girls enjoying their favorite ride - the train - on the 4th of July. They went on the ride with their aunt and cousin and were so cute waving at us watching them. We featured Simple Stories at Emma's Paperie this past month and it's a great place to pick up all the new collections!

Web_Our_Favorite_Ride
Our_Favorite_Ride_details1
Our_Favorite_Ride_details2

For a complete supply list and instructions on how to make this layout, please visit the Emma's Paperie blog here.

Thanks for visiting today! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs