Friday, February 24, 2012

Pebbles: Expert Apple Pickers

This week on the Pebbles blog, members of the design team are scraplifting other members of the design team. I scraplifted fellow team member, the very talented Christa Paustenbaugh, and my inspiration was a layout that she created with a great technique of layering paper strips on a die-cut image. To see her layout and other ideas that were scraplifted, visit the Pebbles blog here.

For my layout, I chose to make a two-page layout using a lot of papers and embellishments from the "Fresh Goods" collection and a variety of photos from our trip to the apple orchard this past fall.


Here's the apple I created using my Cricut (a 6-1/2" cut) and then I selected red patterned papers from several of Pebbles' collection, adhered cut strips to the apple and then cut around the apple.


I hand cut several banners from a patterned piece of paper and then drew around them after adhering to help them stand out further. 


For the tag, I layered a sticky note, clothespin, border sticker and brad.


As I'm sitting here writing this blog post, I am drinking my morning cup of coffee and looking out the window at a winter wonderland. We received about 2-3 inches of snow last night and it is just gorgeous coating the trees. Love!

Thanks for looking today! I'll be back tomorrow to share a project for the Emma's Paperie 4th Birthday Bash!

Have a great Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs