Monday, December 12, 2011

Pebbles: Merry Santa

Happy Monday! Last week on the Pebbles blog, several members of the design team shared projects for holiday gift giving. Today, I have a whimsical Santa to share with you using the fun and bright "Welcome Christmas" collection.

I put a little twist on the traditional tree shape to create a Santa that anyone could love and add to their holiday home decor! I covered a foam cone (tree shape) with various patterned papers and cardstock and then embellished Santa's hat and face with embellishments from the "Welcome Christmas" collection. It was easy to create Santa's beard, mustache and top of his hat with hot glue and cotton balls.


Here's a little close-up of Santa. I mixed together a little flesh colored paint and then outlined Santa in grey. It took me forever to figure out what I wanted to do for Santa's mouth and nose. At first, I had a wooden button for his nose but it might Santa look strangely like a pig so then I had an epiphany and gave him a cherry red nose with a brad. (Duh, right?) :) The mouth is a little section of a border sticker.


Pebbles supplies used:
Welcome Christmas Christmas Gift Patterned Paper (751173)
Welcome Christmas Sleigh Ride Patterned Paper (751178)
Welcome Christmas 12" Border Stickers (732072)
Welcome Christmas Layered Embellishments (747145)
Welcome Christmas Fabric Brads (744267)
Welcome Christmas Buttons (747147)
Welcome Christmas Toothpick Flags (747146)
Welcome Christmas Ribbon (780012)
With Love ABC 2 Stickers (732082)

Other supplies used:
Trims (American Crafts)
Cardstock (American Crafts)
Rhinestones (Melissa Frances)
Paint
Foam Cone
Cotton Balls


Have a great day! I'll be back with more projects this week! I've been having a lot of fun working on my December memories album! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs