Thursday, December 29, 2011

Favorite Layouts of 2011!

Hello there! Today I'm going to share with you some of my favorite layouts of 2011. It's been so much fun looking back through everything I've created over the past year and seeing the girls grow before my eyes.

1) We Love(?) Snow - I created this layout as part of "Love" week at American Crafts as their guest designer in February. This layout is also in Scrapbooks Etc. February 2012 issue for a feature on snow-themed projects. This one just tells the story of my girl's personalities when it comes to trying new things. One's a real go-getter and the other is a little more cautious. :)

2) Proud to be Free - I was blessed to work with Pretty Little Studio this past year and this was one of my last layouts on the team. I loved working with the "Antique Store" collection so much. Our family on the 4th of July this year...

3) First Pony Ride - I created this layout using the "Life Documented" collection by Simple Stories when I guest designed for Emma's Paperie this summer. Look for more Simple Stories projects from me this next year - they are one manufacturer that I have just fallen in love with!


4) Jolly Signs of 2 - I am a long time Melissa Frances fan and this layout was created to showcase the signs (double the ornaments and stockings) of the girls' first Christmas. This layout was published in a special issue of Creating Keepsakes - Scrapbooking Holidays & Celebrations.

5) 'Twas the Night Before Christmas - I have also been blessed to work with Pebbles, Inc. Here's a layout of the girls' Christmas jammies from last year. I also shared a tutorial on how to make the Christmas tree here.

6) A Day at the Patch - I love the "Gathering" collection from Authentique Paper so much! The color palette and patterns were one of my absolute favorites from this fall. We created so many special memories by including their grandparents in our visit to the pumpkin patch this year!



7) Deck the Halls - This is a very recent favorite created for Emma's Paperie. I absolutely love designing for Emma's each month and this layout was for a focus on ribbon. My girls were so into decorating the tree this year that I scrapbooked these photos right away.


8) Grandma's are Great - I have designed for Noel Mignon's kit club for almost two years and this layout was one I created with January's "Very Virginia" kit. I love this photo of Nora with her Grandma Mary (there just happened to be vintage sheet music in the kit with Mary's name on it). Both of my girls have such special relationships with all of their grandparents and I love documenting that.


9) Sweet Little Girls - I created this one using the February "Truly Scrumptious" kit from Noel Mignon and it's also featured in an article on doilies in the February 2012 issue of Scrapbooks Etc. Look at those little monkeys on their first Valentine's Day!


10) What Fun to Be A Princess - This one was created using August's "Salt Water Taffy" kit. This summer I made the girls princess crowns and wands and they had so much fun playing with them and making wishes. I love this age...the girls are just enraptured with the idea of princesses. I was also fortunate this year to work with Scrapbook Magazine in the UK and this layout was published in their December issue.


11) Lily's Thinking Face - I love capturing little quirks about the girls and this layout has one of them. Lily makes the cutest face when she's thinking really hard about something and these photos are completely candid of her in action. I used September's "Study Hall" kit and shared a tutorial on how I made the chevron and stitching here.


12) I used the October "Sleepy Hollow" kit for this layout that sums up Halloween from 2010. I kept the design very simple and allowed one major photo to shine of the girls in their Halloween costume.



13) Creating 2 Turkeys - I created quite a few two-page layouts this year and enjoyed the process of including many photos and telling longer stories. For this one I also included the girls' actual hand prints, and it was published in a special issue of Creating Keepsakes - Scrapbooking Holidays & Celebrations.



14) First Haircut - This is another layout using Simple Stories' "Life Documented" collection. I created the design so that each of the girls could take their respective page someday. I also made little vellum envelopes and included a lock of hair from their first haircut.


So there you have it! Some of my very favorites from this past year. If you would like to, you can also check out my post from 2010. I'm also working on putting together my favorite mini albums, projects and cards from last year as well so stay tuned for that post.

And in 2012, I will be continuing to design for Pebbles Inc. and Emma's Paperie. December was my last month on the Noel Mignon design team. I am so thankful to Noel for the opportunity to work with her beautiful kits each month. I'm still very much a fan of her kit club and in fact, have her January "Cabin Fever" kit on the way to me! :)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. So many cool layouts Jill! Especially lovin' that second one. Fabulous job girl!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs