Thursday, December 15, 2011

December Memories: 5-8

I'm back today with more pages of my December Memories album (this time numbers 5-8). I have really been having a good time creating this album as the month goes on and it's inspired some actual scrapbooking as well.


5) Buddy the Elf - We introduced a new tradition with our new Elf-on-the-Shelf this year. The girls named him "Buddy". We might have just watched "Elf" so the name was conveniently fresh in their minds. :) We also picked up the animated movie that goes along with this tradition and it was fabulous in introducing him to our family. (There were even twin girls in the movie). We have been having a blast coming up with crazy things for Buddy to do each day (I don't know who has more fun with him - the girls or mom and dad!) Ha!


6) Decorating the Tree - For this page, I took advantage of the pocket to add a few more photos to this memory. The girls had so much fun decorating this year! Glen could barely get the tree started before the girls were trying to hang ornaments.


Here's the pocket page...


7) Coffee - I have a slight obsession with specialty drinks around the holidays but I do limit myself to one (or maybe two) a week. My favorite places to go are Panera, Caribou Coffee and Starbucks and I love that each place has pretty cups to go with their festive drinks. I used the actual coffee cup sleeves for each place on this entry.


8) Gingerbread House - We put together a gingerbread house this year. I discovered as I was mixing the frosting together that it had egg in it but we decided to put it together anyway. (My girls are both allergic to eggs). We had a minor incident with hives and red eyes but they were otherwise okay. It's a little difficult to stop two-year-olds from tasting the frosting but it was a fun time, nonetheless. :)


Tomorrow I'll share memories 9-12 with you so check back then! :)

2 comments:

  1. Your book is really coming together, so pretty!!! I love have you are using your pockets and journaling pages. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Starbucks' holiday slogan this year: Let's Merry! I haven't had one of their holiday drinks yet, but I'm planning on it b/c I'm gonna put it in my December Daily album, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs