Monday, September 19, 2011

Everywhere You Go, He Goes

Hello friends! I can't believe it's another Monday and we're already on the downside of September. I also can't believe how quickly it became fall weather...we've been having the type of weather we see in October - cool, rainy and wet. I'm hoping for some more warm, sunny days!  

Today's layout is all about Nora and her beloved stuffed puppy, Woofie. I posted on Facebook last week that I was thankful I could sew because we had a mini crisis in our house - Woofie had a huge hole in his tummy! I performed emergency "surgery" and he was back to new in no time. Woofie goes almost everywhere with Nora. Luckily, I am able to coax her into leaving him at home if we have to run errands but if we go out of town he's definitely along for the ride. 

I used BasicGrey's "Life of the Party" collection for this layout. I am in LOVE with that woodgrain paper...seriously in LOVE...I had to buy a few sheets of it. I also used a few older BasicGrey alphabet stickers with some new chipboard alphabets. 



A simple technique I have been enjoying is punching a shape out of patterned paper and then using the negative part of the punch and embellishing the center. 



I spent my weekend snuggling two little girls on Friday and Saturday but luckily it seemed to be a short-lived cold and they were back to themselves yesterday. I don't know if I have shared before but both girls have asthma so when they get sick, they are very sick. A cold is not just a cold at our house. We've been trying some more natural ways to manage their asthma so this was a good test to see how they have been working. I'm so happy they were feeling better because we went to "A Day Out with Thomas" (along with Grandpa & Grandma) yesterday afternoon and it was so fun! The girls are huge Thomas the Train fans and loved seeing him and taking a ride as well as other fun activities. 

Anyway, I have much to do today so I better get moving! Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! This is TOOOOO cute!! I love the woodgrain with the bright banner! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs