Thursday, November 18, 2010

American Crafts Challenge: Thanksgiving Place Cards

This week I decided to play along with the American Crafts Thanksgiving Place Cards challenge. For my place card, I took a  5.5" x 8.5" piece of kraft cardstock and folded it into a tri-fold so that it would be free-standing on the table. I punched along the top edge of the cardstock with a Fiskars Apron String punch and inked all the edges. I used the beautiful Metropolitan collection by American Crafts on the place card, specifically highlighting the striped "Boulevard" patterned paper. I free-hand drew a tree trunk and top on the back sides of some of the patterned paper. The little hearts are punched using a Fiskars punch...I thought the hearts made super cute "leaves" and "leaf piles" on the bottom of the place card. Each person's name can be added to the top of the tree using American Crafts Minimarks Rub-ons (Ginger) in brown. 


On the inside of the tri-fold, I used the American Crafts Journaling Book 1 in Brown Remark Sticker book for the journaling lines and date. 


Each family member can write what they are thankful for and then the place cards could made into a little album simply by punching a couple holes, adding jump rings and a picture next to the person's name. Simple, right?!

Have a great day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs