Thursday, August 26, 2010

Noel Mignon Sweet Sue Kit: The Birthday Tree

I've got a new layout today to share with you using the gorgeous "Sweet Sue" kit at Noel Mignon. For the girls' 1st birthday, their grandparents bought them a Norway Maple tree that we planted in our front yard. I wanted to document this on a layout but in the pictures we took, everyone was wearing a different color. I decided to turn my photos black and white and went with earthy shades of green, brown, teal and cream for my layout. 


I pulled out almost every green patterned paper that was included in the kit and decided to make a quilt block collage with them. I love the texture each patterned paper adds. I used one of the Elle's Studio label die-cuts as the base for my title but it said "June" on the top. I used another Elle's Studio label die-cut and some Jenni Bowlin alphabet stickers to cover that up since it didn't go with my layout. 


I used several Elle's Studio label die-cuts for my journaling across the page. 


I adhered a few Sassafras Lass flower stickers and accented one of them with a vintage button in the kit.


And there you have it! I loved working with this kit and can't wait to create more! We're running a few errands today...I've got a few things to pick up at the mall so I hope the girls will cooperate with me! :)

Have a great day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs