Thursday, August 12, 2010

Masculine Card Set: Noel Mignon Office Party Kit!

Let's just admit it...most of us probably have a huge stash of scrapbooking supplies. I know I have been "collecting" products for years!!!! :) One of the things I try to challenge myself to do each time I create is to use something - ANYTHING - from my stash.

Another great way to use up your stash and all those scraps laying around is to create cards. I created a set of masculine cards using the new Noel Mignon"Office Party" kit and tried to incorporate just a few items from my stash into the cards.

I always have an arsenal of more feminine cards so I was challenged too to create more masculine cards. Some ways to make a card more masculine are to use these design elements (twine, stars, pinked edges, cardboard or kraft, and the colors red, blue, green, brown, etc.)

For this first card, I made a quilt block using 1-1/2" squares of patterned paper. The ticket die-cut is from the kit. I grabbed a couple buttons, rub-ons and some twine from my stash.


On this card, I used a Martha Stewart starburst punch and cut the starbursts in half to make banners. The twine, rub-on and rhinestones are all from my stash. 


For this card, I used a label sticker, twine and rub-on from my stash. Everything else came from the kit. 


On this card, I used a button, twine and brad from my stash. 


Be sure and stop by the message board to participate in all the great crop challenges this week! My challenge today is to create two masculine cards and I would love to see what you create! :)

Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love these cards! I love the stitching on the first card a lot!
    SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs