Wednesday, August 11, 2010

GCD Studios Theme:: My Town

For the month of August, the design team was given the theme "Our Town" to work with. I live in a suburb of Des Moines, Iowa. I love that we have a small zoo that is the perfect size to bring toddlers as it only takes a couple hours to go through. 


We took our twin daughters to the zoo for the first time this past May and I highlighted our trip with 10 photos on my layout here. I was inspired by a recent layout of my fellow Noel Mignon design team member, Michelle Lanning, to fit so many photos on a layout. 


I created with the Homespun Chic collection on my layout and also used the collage of photos as a sketch of sorts. For my title, I used the Chip Art tool on the Homespun Chic chipboard label and went over it with a combination of brown paint and Mod Podge to bring out the impressions of the letters. I highlighted the chipboard with a white button from the Homespun Chic collection and some brown twine. The yellow alphabet is by American Crafts. I created another paper ruffle as seen in my tutorial earlier this month. I love the added texture this gives to a layout.


Here's a closer look at my photo collage with brads from the Homespun Chic collection scattered throughout. 


Finally, I grouped a few embellishments from the Artsy Urban collection ("family" paper clip and the butterfly sticker) with my larger photo and a chipboard phrase from the Homespun Chic collection. 


Until next time,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! I'm LOVING the theme this month and seeing all these different places highlighted!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs