Settle in with me for an image heavy post! Midnight Rooster has gone LIVE and it's time for me to share my work with the May kit. As I said before, I also worked with the add-on kit.
My inspiration for this first layout came from the adorable rooster die-cut. LOVE him. I have to give a little back story on this layout. For those of you that don't know, my husband and I adopted our twin daughters and were able to bring them home from the hospital when they were just 4 days old. The first night was HORRIBLE. I don't think I slept at all and the next morning I thought I was going to DIE!!! :) I love my girls like nothing else but I couldn't believe how awful my nights were going to be for the next few months (they finally slept through the night at 11 weeks). My dearest husband captured this photo of us the morning after our first night. Don't I look chipper?! :) I thought that little die-cut rooster was just perfect for this page.
Here's a look at my little sun in the corner. I loved the Sassafras number paper and used foam adhesive to pop up some of the "rays."
Here's a close-up of Mr. Rooster in all his glory. I shabbied him up with paint and used the dotted cardstock in the kit behind him.
Here's my title block...I used both of the alphas in the main and add-on kits. The tulle is in the add-on kit.
I've had the photos for this next layout on my desk for awhile but needed just the perfect papers and embellishments to go with them. When I saw the Cosmo Cricket chipboard included in the add-on kit, I knew I had just the right inspiration. My dad calls the girls his "sweet peas" so the little chipboard peas were just perfect! The letters in "Grandpa's" and the journaling card are the only products from my stash. I used the wood grain stamp in the add-on kit for part of my title and the little strawberry stick pin is an EXCLUSIVE product in the add-on kit. And, for the very first time EVER I used Shimmerz on a layout. The color is called Bed of Roses.
Here's a closer look at the woodgrain stamped image. I cut it in half to use on my title.
Love those little peas! :)
I strung a little of the ribbon in the main kit on the strawberry pin and stuck the pin through my journaling card.
My inspiration for this next layout was the beautiful handmade fabric banner in the main kit. This layout is another one in the series of monthly layouts I'm working on for my daughters. I used a Martha Stewart medallion punch with red cardstock for the little "11" part of my title block. The "11" numbers are by October Afternoon and from my stash as are the American Crafts thickers. The little flower stick pin is a Midnight Rooster EXCLUSIVE!
I also used a little "pure joy" October Afternoon sticker and red Jenni Bowlin label from my stash. The little butterfly was punched with a Martha Stewart punch.
For this final layout, this was another instance where I was holding onto some photos waiting for just the perfect moment to scrap them. The girls were "hot stuff" chili peppers for their first Halloween and I knew that typical orange and black for Halloween wouldn't cut it for these photos when the red is so vivid. I cut flowers from the Jenni Bowlin patterned paper and used a tiny strip of the red polka dot from Cosmo Cricket. Here's a full look at the EXCLUSIVE woodgrain add-on stamp. I'm usually not a long title kind of girl but I wanted to use the chipboard "Garden" by Cosmo Cricket somehow so that's how I worked out the title. The alphabet stickers are October Afternoon, red labels and red alphabet are Jenni Bowlin, black thickers are American Crafts - all from my stash. This is a pretty simple layout for me but with the busy title and lots of photos....I think it works! :)
Here's a close-up of the woodgrain stamp. The "black" thickers were actually a brilliant green but I wanted black ones so I inked them up and love how some of the green shows through.
Here's another look at my super long title...
Finally, I made a card using the exclusive die cuts found in the add-on kit. LOVE these. I used the dotted yellow cardstock as my card base and highlighted the texture of the dots by rubbing my "Old Paper" distress ink pad across them. The red patterned paper and stripes at the bottom are both Cosmo Cricket. I added a Melissa Frances rub-on from my stash.
And there we go! Thanks for hanging in with me for this long post! I've been reflecting on my past year as a mom so I'll update again tomorrow with my thoughts about Mother's Day.
Have a great Friday! :)