Monday, February 15, 2010

I Love My Sister


This weekend I had the chance to play with the "Seaside Cottage" kit from NoelMignon.com. As I was going through photos to scrap, I came across this little gem of the girls when they were just weeks old. I love finding pictures like this...ones I don't remember taking. When I create I try to challenge myself to use up some older supplies as I work with kits. For this layout, I wanted a teal title but the American Crafts thickers I had were too bright. I shabbied them up by dry brushing them with white paint and then distressing with brown chalk ink. The hearts at the top of the layout are from a full sheet of hearts by KI Memories that I cut up. I hand drew the scallops on a sheet of Prima patterned paper. The pink floral patterned paper is SEI and the stripes are Webster's Pages. Noel also included sheets from a vintage dictionary in the kit that I used for the scallops and butterfly. I glittered the Prima dogwood blossom with chunky Martha Stewart glitter and used an older Heidi Swapp heart and Making Memories word sticker. The journaling block is by Webster's Pages and the Prima pebble is in the center of the flower. I created another layout so far using this kit that I will share later this week.  

            




I will also share full images of my "Merry & Bright" Christmas kit at The Scrappy Gourmet later this week. The kits are up for sale now but won't start shipping until Wednesday.

Enjoy your day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Jill, this is so sweet and "magical". You did a great job conveying the sweet nature of the photo through your design...very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs