Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Lots going on!



Wowza! A lot has happened since I last blogged. It's been almost two weeks and I'm excited to share some new projects with you over the next few weeks. First off, I've been to see Twilight twice so far. I ended up dragging my hubby to a midnight showing. Despite all the teenage girls laughing at parts that weren't even funny, I really enjoyed it. We went to a better theatre that Sunday afternoon and the experience was 100% better. I LOVED the movie so much more the second time. I would like to go a couple more times. I got the funniest e-mail from my mom last night. I left my copy of Twilight at my parent's house after Thanksgiving so my little sister could get it and read it. I was beyond shocked when I got an e-mail from my mom that she was over half-way into it. I don't know when the last time was my mom read a book. I didn't get a love of books from either my mom or dad - that developed on my own. I called her right away and she said she really wants to go see the movie now. She was like "What a love story!" I about died laughing...the funniest thing about it was she was like "Well, I better get back to my reading..." She wanted to get off the phone with me! :)

Since I last left you, I got my house all decorated for Christmas. It was so nice to come home from my parent's over Thanksgiving and have that all done! I didn't put up everything I normally do but the tree's up and that's the most important part. Today, I was looking over my calendar for December and it's starting to fill up already with parties and other fun stuff. I always love this time of year but I'm always ready for it to be over by the time January rolls around. I missed out on the Black Friday festivities (it's my favorite holiday of the year) but I did a little shopping yesterday. We're really cutting back on the spending this year so it should be easier to find everything I want to get.

We did have some excitement on the adoption front. A birth mom wanted to meet with us but at the last second we decided not to meet with her. There were just some things about the situation that we were not comfortable with. It was a difficult decision but I think it was the best one. We have a lot of peace about it. We would still appreciate your prayers as we continue along this process. The holidays can be a difficult time for people who have experienced infertility and loss. My husband kept saying every year "Maybe we'll have a baby by this Christmas." As the Christmases passed without a baby, it became even harder to put on a happy face around the holidays. Last year, we didn't put up a tree or decorate at all. If you have a friend or family member who might be struggling this time of year (whether that person has experienced infertility or just loss in general), please go out of your way to let them know they are in your thoughts and prayers. It will mean a lot to them.

Well, that's enough from me today. I've been listening to Christmas music ALL DAY LONG! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs