Friday, September 05, 2008

Another one for you!



I've got a new Rusty Pickle card to share today using the Princess Bride line and stamps. I used a heat embossing technique on this one using various shades of black, white and gray.

Also, I have another book recommendation, The Godmother by Carrie Adams. I was captivated by this book! It's another British author....doesn't the cover just draw you in? I actually found the book at Target and added the book to my list to read. I was happy to see it at my library. Since I can't afford to buy books at the bookstore, I'll go peruse the aisles and make lists of what I to read and go to the library. I've found cover art for books has really changed over the years. I'm definitely attracted by a good looking book cover. This book touches on being single, married, parenting and tragedy. A lot of wonderful lessons that made me think! There are some graphic situations so be warned. This is another one I'll be adding to my collection eventually!

Also, I just wanted to comment on Gov. Sarah Palin's speech the other night. It's no secret that I vote conservative. I feel very strongly on several moral issues so that's the way I vote. It was incredibly refreshing to me to see a woman of her character so firmly convicted about conservative values! She came across as a force to be reckoned with! Wow. Her delivery was impeccable. I just adore her little family...her 7-year-old is about the cutest little girl ever. I about died when she slicked down her baby brother's hair on TV. Even the best PR people couldn't have planned that one...HA! I was thrilled to see all the media coverage on her. In my mind, SHE is someone to look up to. What an incredible role model for women everywhere! She's a living, breathing advertisement for the value of life.

On that note, enjoy your weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. It was so funny to read how you make lists at the store of books you want to read and then go to the library to get them....I DO THE SAME THING! :) I cannot bear to read a book more than once, but love to read. After wasting a ton of money doing this for years, I finally got smart and started using the library! We can even place a hold on certain books! Love the Rusty Pickle card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs