I decided today I would post 10 completely random things I'm grateful for - it's been a while since I've posted one of these. I've had a bit of a bad attitude ("poor me") since I haven't been feeling well lately so I needed a way to have an attitude adjustment. :)
Here we go:
1) My planner - I like to be organized and see what's coming up on my schedule. I've always been like this.
2) A clean kitchen - There's just something about having the dishes done and put away and the counter tops wiped down that makes me happy.
3) A cool summer - Normally this time of year I avoid going outside because it's hard to breathe. The weather has just been abnormal for Iowa this summer. We've had maybe 2 or 3 really hot days but the rest have been gorgeous!
4) Chocolate chip ice cream - That's the flavor of the day for me! I love ice cream so much that I had two small bowls last night! (See introduction for "poor me" attitude!) :)
5) Dunkin' Donuts French Vanilla coffee - Found this coffee at our local grocery store and I am in LOVE!
6) Many, many great authors - I've been a reading sponge over the past few months. Although I've read a lot during the day over the last weekend, I usually read 3 or 4 chapters a night before I go to bed to unwind. I'm a speed reader too so that enables me to finish a book fairly quickly. I've been a regular at the library this summer and plan to keep it up. I have so many books on my to read list. My problem is that I'll get almost obsessive about finishing my list!
7) the Olympics - I've really enjoyed watching all the events the past two weeks. Last night, two of the gymnastics mama's were crying - which made me cry! :) I love hearing the personal stories of each athlete and how they've overcome obstacles and challenges to make it to China.
8) Shoes - I admit I have somewhat of a shoe fetish. I have quite a few pairs as it is but I could definitely buy a lot more.
9) Quiet moments - I enjoy social events and hanging out with other people, but I've always been a person who has cherished her alone time. My husband is the same way. We love being together but sometimes we just need some space. He'll go into his studio and I'll go into mine.
10) Contacts - I've worn glasses since the 2nd grade and I was so thankful my mom and dad let me get contacts before my freshman year of high school. I wear my glasses at night but I'm so glad that I don't have to wear them during the day. Of course, I grew up in a time of fairly ugly glasses so I don't like looking at pictures of myself back then. Someday (if we ever have the money) I'm going to get Lasik - I'd love to not rely on contacts or glasses at all.
That's it for now! Have a great day! :)