Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Seriously. Good Stuff.


I've just about finished reading my second Gemma Townley book and I must say I have found a new favorite author. Gemma is British and the dry humor in her books hits me just right. I have found myself laughing OUT LOUD when I'm reading her books if that tells you anything. While I've been browsing her titles on Amazon, I've come across a few other British authors I would like to try.
Another fantastic author I would recommend is Sarah Dessen. My favorite of her books I've read so far is Just Listen. Sarah is a wonderful young adult author and her books just get better and better. Very quick reads about coming of age type scenarios. I have three more of her books to read and then I've covered them all.
I have a list about a mile long of books I want to read this summer. I was buying books at Borders for a while. Then I was finishing a book every couple days so I decided it was too expensive to do that and headed to the library. I might have to buy a few books though because I really want to read everything I can by Gemma Townley and my library only has 3 of her books. Of course, the one book I've been looking forward to for a YEAR is coming out in just 23 days. Check out my new widget on my sidebar! :)
If you have any recommendations of good authors or books for me, please leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. I recently read Yann Martel's Life of Pi, and I thought it was really good, also just read Sue Monk Kidd's The Secret Life of Bees, both books were great although older. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs