Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Blog Anniversary!!!!



Gearing up for a scrap weekend!!! I have quite a few projects I want to work on this weekend so I can devote the majority of my time later this month to working on my adoption scrapbook. I have a good friend coming by tonight to take some photos of Glen and me. I'm also having a few friends over Friday during the day to scrap with me for our monthly get together. It's so wonderful working part-time so I have that option especially during the busy summer months.

I can't believe CHA is next weekend! It was just one year ago that Glen and I were getting ready to head to Chicago so I could work the Upsy Daisy Designs booth and meet my new Rusty Pickle friends. I had a blast and really wish I could go this year...maybe next time. There's a chance I might be working on some samples for Rusty Pickle's booth. I can't wait to start sharing sneak peeks with you - the new lines are going to be fabulous!!! Plus we're coming out with new albums and embellishments and what's this I hear about diecut paper???!!!! Yep, stay tuned!

Here's a new Rusty Pickle project using the Snowflakes & Mittens line. I did a lot of machine stitching and distressing on this one plus used some vintage sheet music.

And perhaps my best news today is that it is my 1 year blog anniversary!!!! Yay! I know I have at least a few readers out there so thanks so much for reading my blog this past year! In honor of my 1 year anniversary, I would like to give away a RAK of a whole line of Rusty Pickle products. And since I've been a reading machine this summer, all you have to do is leave me a book recommendation in the comments section. I'll draw a winner for my RAK on Tuesday.

17 comments:

  1. Hello! I saw your post at Paper Posies. I don't really care if I win but I love creative blogs. I am putting you on my blog feed. Your project today is adorable. I may have to 'lift' it.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:17 AM

    Hey lady =)

    I wanted to know if you consult. *grin* I have been working on family tree stuff for quite awhile now and am looking for some sort of easy templated already for the scrapbook challenged ... any ideas where I should start looking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, jill!!

    I'm a PP reader too!

    I love to have new blog inspiration, so I'm going to add you to my RSS feed. That RP project is SO cute! Its a GREAT idea!

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAIT...I forgot my book recommendation.

    My recommendation is 90 Minutes in Heaven...even if you don't believe in what he is talking about, just the story of his amazing journey and recovery will blow you away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a light easy read and my friend recommended the Janet Evanovich series. Her 14th book just came out, but I just finished up #2. All the titles have a number in them - One for the Money..etc...

    Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to recommend a book. I have just finished Love Walked In and it was a great feel-good read. I also read an oldie but goodie called Time and Again by Jack Finney. Really good book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I left my comment on the wrong post! I am from PP too, the books I recommended were Life of Pi by Yann Martel and The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. Both are older books, but I just read them recently.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I emailed you this in a previous post so sorry for the repeat. Nicolas Sparks is awesome. I've loved every one of his books.

    Also-- THANKS so much for the mail love from Rusty Pickle. I got it today! The sports theme will work great for the boys! Let's get together soon to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Hey, girl, I've missed seeing you! I love the new RP lines....would love some, too! :) Your current reading reminds me of a great book of short stories by Ellen Gilchrist called, "The Light in the Piazza and Other Italian Tales." Try it, esp for good vacation reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:30 PM

    Hi - Happy Anniversary, My book recommendations for summer reading are Linda Howards, Death Angel and Catherine Coulter Tailspin. I loved them both. Also loving the new brass knuckles line!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy blog anniversary.

    I recommend Escape by Carolyn Jessop. Or you can never go wrong with any Jodi Piccoult books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - love Rusty Pickle, it is one of my two favorite manufacturers. Love their pp and chipboard. My book recommendations are 'Snow Flower and the Secret Fan' and 'Secret Life of Bees'. Both were real page turners.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am hoping to get ahold of a copy of the book, "The Shack" by William P. Young..... I've heard SO much about it! Funny story about my reading problems. I used to love to read but then it started to get that I would become so impatient to know the ending that I would always skip to the end of the book to find out what happens, then I'd feel guilty and try to force myself to go back to where I was and read the whole book but of course, it just wasn't the same since I knew how the book would end.... This started to drive me crazy so I took a break from reading, well I miss it and plan on trying it again with this book! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with the 90 minutes in Heaven recommendation-awesome book! If you want some "intrigue"-go with something from W.E.B. Griffin-they're all good. Congrats on the anniversary-I love everything RP!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! Happy Blogversary! Love, love, love this project and am SO ready to start some of my own for Christmas . . . being a teacher, once school starts, Christmas is here before you know it! Come On People and Enough should be required reading for everyone, especially educators, community leaders, and social workers, etc. who influence children! :) Thank you for your ideas and inspiration! I'm so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I forgot to tell you that in Entertainment Weekly there was a big article on Stephenie Meyer and her books. If you want me to save mine for you let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jilly-buns :)

    I'm reading the most amazing novel..James Patterson's "Sundays at Tiffanys".

    Here's a libnk to read what it's about :)

    http://www.jamespatterson.com/books_sundaysAtTiffanys.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs