Saturday, July 19, 2008

A couple shabby cards...



I don't know when the last time was I just played with my supplies but the other night I was on a roll! I didn't create for any assignment or anything, but just for me. It was a great opportunity for me to use some supplies I've been hoarding.

The first card is based on Laura's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You.
I deviated from the sketch a little bit, but I was pretty happy with how this turned out. Patterned paper and sticker are from Melissa Frances, Heidi Swapp snowflake, SEI ribbon, Bazzill and Rusty Pickle buttons, twine and machine stitching. I shabbied it up with some cream acrylic paint. The colors in the ribbon matched the patterned paper so well!

On the second card - Basic Grey patterned paper, Crafty Secrets fabric swatch, SEI ribbon, Jolee's snowflakes.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and elegant cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are both beautiful!!!
    Love your take on my sketch:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, there! What a great blog! Love your designs! :o)

    God bless..

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards : ) I love the vintage feel to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill, These are so beautiful! This is unlike anything that I've ever tried. To tell you the truth I would have probably passed up most of the things you used on them not knowing how I could make them look so good. Thanks for the great ideas as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great creating just for you, isn't it? These turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs