Monday, December 10, 2007

Winter wonderland!

Iowa has been getting hit with its fair share of winter weather over the past week! It looks like we're in for another round tonight and tomorrow - this time with ice and snow! We drove out to my parents Saturday in freezing rain...it was not fun! We almost turned around and went home.

We went to a friend's wedding Saturday night. It was beautiful with lots of candles and gorgeous Christmas colors. I spent all day Sunday with my family (basically stranded in the house). I brought some scrapping with and worked on the December Paper Posies kit. I'll have some picts to share soon. I didn't get back into town until today because I had an eye dr. appointment and stopped to visit with my grandma.

On another note, I'm extremely thankful that my sister-in-law's family is safe and sound. Many of you might have heard about the shootings at New Life Community Church in Colorado Springs. It's my sister-in-law's church and her family left the parking lot just 5 minutes before the shootings began. We're feeling very fortunate that they are okay but are sad for the tragedies that have hit way too close to home in the past week.

Over the weekend, I made a decision. I'm not going to put my Christmas tree up this year! I can't believe I'm saying it but I'm not going to do it. We're traveling around Christmas so we would only get to enjoy it for 2 weeks. I don't see the point in going to all that work right now. I'd rather spend the time working on Christmas cards and holiday baking. I am going to get my nativity set out and our stockings. I also have three miniature rustic trees that I might set up but only because they are simple to do. I'm actually a little sad about not putting the tree up but I'd rather not be overly stressed out right now. Yay for simplification! :)

Have a great rest of your day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:27 AM

    No tree?!?

    Nah, I completely understand. This year we put up the tree and the nativity set and called it good. The lights outside didn't get put up as we really aren't around much this year to enjoy them - we have a lot of traveling to do.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs