Monday, October 22, 2007

Is it Friday yet?

The weekend just ended, but I'm all ready for next weekend. I'll tell you why in a sec. Friday we went out to my mom and dad's to spend the night. I had my usual tenderloin (yum!) and just hung out with my sister and parents and watched a movie. I got up fairly early Saturday, but lounged around for awhile. I went with my other sister to the local craft shop and ended up getting my mom a birthday present. Glen and I went for a walk on the trail near Exira. It was such a BEAUTIFUL day! I couldn't believe it...around 75 and it's the end of October! We took off around 5:30 and headed back to Des Moines. I was sad to leave...it was just fun to hang out. We went to The Blue Man Group when we got back. It was pretty cool...awesome percussion and lighting and off-the-cuff humor (very much the type of stuff my husband thinks is hilarious).

Yesterday was church and then I got some groceries (and a raspberry mocha...don't tell Glen). :) I went for a walk/run after lunch. I'm really not much of a runner. In fact, I hate it! I always feel like my lungs are on fire and my legs are going to fall off while I'm running. I don't particularly care for those feelings so I don't run. My sisters are the same way...we're just not a family of runners. It's also way too hard on my knees so I'll take an elliptical any day. I was proud of myself because I ran about 5 blocks. For a non-runner, that's a long ways! :) I worked on some scrap projects, did laundry and then went to a church event last night. I came home, watched my shows w/ our Sunday night popcorn and then dropped into bed.

Today I'm meeting some friends from my old job at the DNR for lunch. I haven't seen them since I quit in March and I'm sure they think I'm a snob! :) It will be fun to catch up! This is my off week for Bible studies so I'm using the opportunity to get caught up around here and with scrap work. I'm starting to get a little burnt out with all the extra projects I'm doing so I hope that I can start scrapping/crafting for me again very soon.

Anyway...I'm extremely excited for this weekend because we're going to Minneapolis!!!! It's finally time for the So You Think You Can Dance show. We're leaving early Saturday morning and spending two nights up there. I CAN'T WAIT! We're hopefully going to Stillwater for a while and of course to the Mall of America. One of my absolute favorite restaurants is Ruby Tuesday's. We do not have one around here so I take advantage whenever I go to a city bigger than Des Moines. I'm hoping to get some birthday/Christmas present shopping done while we're away.

Well, I better hop in the shower. Have a great Monday! :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Was great to see you at lunch. =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs