Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Not the weekend I expected...

So I had a pretty yucky weekend all-around. Saturday morning was good. We went to Kohl's and got Glen some new clothes and shoes. I didn't buy a thing (surprise!) But then while we were walking around, I just started feeling like something was off. We made a stop at Home Depot to buy mum's and then grabbed some lunch at Quizno's to bring back home. I ate just a few bites because my stomach just didn't feel right. I started falling asleep while I was eating so I decided to head upstairs to take a nap.

A couple of hours later, I woke up and started getting sick. You guessed it - I had the stomach flu! I'll spare you the gruesome details but it was pretty bad. I had a 101 degree fever and everything. I'm kind of a wimp, but this flu really took a lot out of me. It's amazing how much sicker you can feel with the flu as an adult and how kids just bounce right back. I finally started feeling somewhat better around 1:30 Sunday morning. My fever broke and I slept through the night. I stayed in bed most of the day Sunday resting and enjoying some of my favorite movies. Yesterday, I disinfected my entire house. I'm a big germ freak so I used Clorox wipes on everything and washed countless loads of laundry (all my bedding, etc.). My appetite is just not back yet so I took it easy on the food yesterday. Today, I woke up with a headache so I took some Advil and slept it off. I'll go into work this afternoon. Glen told me he was starting to feel sick this morning so he's staying home and trying to ward it off. I soooo hope he doesn't get sick - this flu was just nasty (and I just cleaned :)!

Remember how I took care of my friend's kids because she was sick? Probably not a good idea, looking back now! :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to life getting back to normal. I'm sad that my parents were not able to come, but hopefully we'll get a visit from them in the next couple of weeks.

I'm very excited to get some happy mail over the next couple days. I've been saving up to buy some of the new things that came out from CHA, and I've bought a few things I really wanted. I already got some of the new Melissa Frances, but I'm also expecting some Basic Grey and American Crafts, for starters. I can't even remember everything I ordered at the moment! I'm just really looking forward to getting the mail!

Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs